Friday, October 14, 2011

Tasting the Rye IPA and Amarillo Ale

It's only been a few days, but I've already tasted the Rye IPA and the Amarillo Ale.
Both beers need more time to carbonate. Besides that, the IPA could stand to spend a little more time in the bottle. It has a slight cider taste, probably due to the corn sugar in the recipe. That will go away soon. Also, it has a little bit of that roasted/burnt sweetness that my last few stronger extract batches had. It's not a bad taste, but it pisses me off because I can't seem to control it. I'll have to see if it goes away after I've done all grain for a while.
The Amarillo Ale was really good. It has a really nice hop flavor and aroma. Not a strong amount of bitterness. I just need to let the carbonation build, and it will be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment