Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bottling Day

This past Sunday I finally got around to bottling my beers that were due. I bottled my Rye IPA, which smelled (and tasted) incredible already. It had a surprising sweetness. I think it finished at 1.014... I'll have to double check my notes. It should be good shit in 2 or 3 weeks.
I also bottled my Amarillo Pale Ale. It had a really strong hop flavor and aroma. It finished at 1.008... (I think). Anyway, both of these beers turned out to be 6.9% ABV. But, I'll have to double check that.
I also decided to bottle my Small Batch Starter, which was basically an experiment. I was able to get 5 bottles (almost 6) out of the 3/4 gallon batch. This beer finished at 1.001... It had a low gravity to begin with. In the 30's. This one may be interesting to try, but I'm glad it was only 5 bottles. That puts this one around 4%.
I still have the remaining "side batches" of Amarillo Ale (the 40oz and growler) I need to combine and dry hop.
I can only bring myself to do so much on the weekend. And I can't seem to do anything during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment