Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mid-Week Update

The pumpkin ale turned out good. Not fuckin fantastic or anything. But it's better than some commercial pumpkin beer I've tried. And, It might be my imagination, but I think the spice is fading every time I drink one. Also, there is a lingering sweetness.
The Rye IPA is OK. It has that lightly burnt/roasted sweetness. I'm guessing it's just a fact of life when brewing strong IPAs.
In other news, I transferred and dry hopped the Simcoe Ale on Saturday. And did the same with the side batches of Amarillo Ale. I just poured each one (the 40oz bottle and the growler) into a gallon jug. (Combining them into one.) Then, dry hopped with Cascade pellets. I didn't bother measuring them out, put it was probably like a half or quarter ounce.
I'll be bottling both this weekend. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment