Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Future Brews

Yesterday I placed a relatively big order with Northern Brewer:
-Big Honkin' Stout All Grain Kit
(ready in 2 months)
-Olde Luddite English Strong Ale All-Grain Kit
(ready in 6 weeks)
-Briess Pilsen DME 3 lbs.
-Simcoe Hop Pellets 1 oz.
(to make a Simcoe Pale Ale, I already have the other ingredients)
-Plain Gold Crown Caps - 144 count
-Briess Pilsen DME 1 lb.
(for yeast starters)
-5/16" ID Siphon Hose 12ft.
-3/8" Clear Hi-temp Tubing 5ft.
(for my mash tun)
So, this weekend I plan to either bottle or rack my pumpkin ale, and use the Wyeast 1056 in that carboy for a Simcoe Pale Ale:
6 lbs Briess Pilsen DME
.75 lbs Caramel 60L
All Simcoe Hops:
1 oz @ 60
1 oz @ 15
1 oz @ Flameout
1 oz Dry Hop
I've wanted to play around with Simcoe for a while. I really like their smell.
And for the other two brews... I guess I'll try to brew the English first, and then the stout. Because if I do it the other way around, they'll be done around the same time. And, I'll have too much work to do all at once.
So, I'll brew the English on either Oct. 23rd or 30th. And the Stout sometime between Oct. 30th and Nov. 13th.
Which would make serving times around the second week in December (for the English) and around New Year's (for the stout).
I still plan to brew a huge (strong) beer on New Year's Day. Something that I can age and keep for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment