Friday, September 23, 2011

Current Brews

In the primary(s), I've got the 15 minute Amarillo Pale Ale (from the previous post). This is a modified version of James Spencer's recipe. Here's what I did:
6 lbs Briess Pilsen Light DME
1 lb Caramel/Crystal 40L
2.5 oz Amarillo @ 15
1 oz Amarillo @ 10
.5 oz Amarillo @ 5
1 oz Dry Hop
White Labs WLP001 California Ale Yeast
I used Safale US-05 for the side batch that I reboiled.
The original recipe uses 1 lb Crystal 60L instead of the 40. And .5 oz dry hop instead of 1 oz. So my beer should be lighter in color, and have more hop aroma.
The rest of my current brews are recipe kits. In the secondary, I have Denny's Wry Smile Rye IPA from Northern Brewer. This is a new recipe using their new Rye Malt Extract. I plan to bottle it this weekend. Bottled, I have the Autumn Amber Ale from Midwest Supplies and an Irish Red from Northern Brewer.
This picture is from a few weeks ago of my Autumn Amber. It's a pretty nice beer. It's been bottled for three weeks, and it's conditioned well.

No comments:

Post a Comment