Thursday, November 17, 2011

Racking the Stout. New Carboy

Well, I finally got a 5 gallon glass carboy to use as a secondary fermenter. I racked my stout last night and checked the gravity. It's at 1.012 right now, which makes it around 6.9% ABV at the current moment.
Also, I've got the ingredients for my next brew. An iced oatmeal cookie brown ale. I will use actual iced oatmeal cookies in the mash. I've already got the ingredients, and I plan to brew it this weekend.
I got the idea from an episode of Basic Brewing Radio where James Spencer interviewed someone from the Garage Brewers Society (out of St. Louis, I think). It has a 2-row base and 8 different specialty grains, a package of iced oatmeal cookies, an ounce of East Kent Goldings, and White Labs 007 Dry English Ale Yeast.
Anyway, here's a picture of my brand new carboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment