Monday, December 5, 2011

Update & Future Brews

It's been about two weeks since I brewed anything. I'll be bottling the oatmeal cookie beer next weekend.
In other news, I have a package en route from Midwest Supplies containing ingredients for two brews: a Sierra Nevada Porter clone, and a pale ale or IPA. I haven't exactly nailed down a recipe yet. I accidentally ordered 20 lbs of base malt instead of 30 (for both beers). And it seems like all the homebrew places are out of Simcoe hops.
I think I'm just going to wait until around Christmas to place another order. I'll get some Simcoe, some more 2-row, ingredients for my (half batch) new years barleywine, and I may or may not buy a grain mill, so I can buy grains in bulk.
So here's my upcoming brew calendar:
Dec 10-11: bottle Ice Cap
Dec 18: brew porter
(around this time I'll place another order)
Dec 23-26: bottle stout
Jan 1: brew barleywine
Jan 8: bottle porter
Jan 14-15: rack barleywine
Jan 15: brew pale ale/IPA

I was planning on fermenting my half batch barleywine in my 5 gallon carboy, but I may do primary in a plastic bucket, and rack to the 5 gallon carboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment